Litigation can often be prevented by creating clear employment policies and by writing effective, unmistakable employment contracts.
But disputes still will occur, and when they do, you will want an attorney who knows your industry, and is able to bring the legal knowledge and skills necessary to prevail in dispute resolution. My job is to keep employers out of court.
Distinguished Cook County Employment Law Litigation Attorney
These are some of the areas we have dealt with on behalf of employers:
- Wage and hour issues, primarily alleging unpaid wages and overtime
- Affirmative Action
- Age, sex and race discrimination, sexual harassment or any other allegations of workplace bias
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- COBRA issues
- Employment contracts
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Independent contractor issues
- Non-compete agreements
- Health and safety issues
- Retaliation claims
- Unfair competition and non-competes
- WARN Act
- Workplace violence control plans
- Wrongful discharge claims
Resolving Employee Contract Disputes
I have enjoyed success for my clients in the courtroom and at the negotiation table.
For more than 40 years, I have served as employment lawyer for Illinois employers, based on my legal knowledge, my familiarity with the courts and various governmental agencies, and my approach, which combines aggressiveness in pursuing client objectives with sensitivity to the costs employers must bear.
Conveniently located on Chicago’s North Shore, where the Edens Expressway meets Skokie Highway.
Call Northbrook litigation attorney Lawrence M. Donoghue at 847-509-9177. Or e-mail him using this convenient form.